Reduced Fee Sales Programs
From inception through January of 2017, Tess has closed 1,758 sales transactions and saved sellers over $15.0 million in fees compared to a traditional 6% fee.
The firm's average final sale price to original list price is 97.7% and days on market for our properties average 64 days. Counter parties to our listings include every well known firm in the Triangle. The sales point of our listings has run from a high of $1.2 million for an executive estate to $37 thousand for a property that was in need of some serious renovation.
MDT offers sellers two proven MLS listing options. Each program offers thousands of dollars in savings.
- Best in Show - Full service and support, MLS data entry, and Internet marketing for a listing fee of 1% of the sales price (paid at closing) plus a 2.4% - 3.0% fee paid to the agent who brings a buyer (also paid at closing).
- Best in Breed - Limited service*, MLS data entry, and Internet marketing for a period of one year for $500 plus a buyer's agency fee of 2.4% - 3.0%.
Under both programs, if you find a buyer who is not represented by a real estate agent, you will not have to pay a buyer agency fee.
Other firms will require you to pay the buyer agency fee even if another agent is not involved.
The programs offer identical internet marketing on Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, and any internet site that pulls data from the MLS.
However, the limited service option is better suited to sellers who have the experience (and time) to handle negotiations without the assistance of a real estate agent (see details below) and limited service listings are handled exclusively by Jan Cenci.
Details of the Limited Service Marketing Program
- A full year listing on the Triangle, Triad, or Alamance Multiple Listing Service.
- For an additional fee your property can be place in more than one Multiple Listing Service.
- Display of up to 25 photos and an enhanced Realtor.com listing.
- Exposure to all major Real Estate online marketing sites including Zillow, Trulia, local and national Real Estate firm sites, agent sites, and any other site that pulls data from the Multiple Listing Service.
- We provide support materials,forms, an on-site instructional / orientation meeting, a My Dog Tess yard sign, flyer box, lockbox, and access to the Realtor showing appointment center.
- You will receive unfiltered feedback after showings and agent contact information via text or email through the Realtor showing appointment center.
- You can schedule up to 6 open houses through the Multiple Listing Service.
- You must offer a commission to the agency that brings a buyer, but if a buyer is unrepresented and completely unassisted by an agent, you won’t owe a buyer agency commission.
- This is strictly a marketing service; we provide no advice or consultation after the initial orientation meeting.
- You have the option to upgrade to full service if you find you need more help or the process is too time consuming.
- Contact Jan Cenci for details and information about add-on services, or create an account and get started.
* Limited service listings must be submitted online through the My Dog Tess website.